Welcome to Cookridge Primary School. We aim to ensure that your family enjoy a long and successful relationship with us and are very much looking forward to working with you and your family . We hope that you will find out everything you need to know about school life on our website, but if there is anything we can do to help you and your child settle into school, please do get in touch.
Below are the headline facts which will help you begin to get to grips with everything…
- School opens at 8.45 am and closes at 3.05 pm.
- There is a free breakfast club open to all, available from 8.30 am in the school hall
- PE kit is required each week and currently includes plain navy blue shorts, a plain white t-shirt and trainers are preferrable for outdoor use. PE kit should be kept in a named bag. However this is changing from September 2019.
- Please name EVERY item of clothing so that it can be returned to you if mislaid. If your child’s clothing is named it will be returned to their classroom. Lost property without a name will be kept and put out at the end of each half-term before being recycled.
- Your child may choose to continue to come home for dinner, to bring a packed lunch from home or to have a school dinner. We ask that you give 2 week’s notice at the school office for a change of dinner option. The current cost of school meals is £2.25 all payments are made through Parent Pay.
- Please ensure that we have accurate and up to date contact details so that you can be contacted in an emergency. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to these details immediately that they occur.
- If your child has any medical problems of which you think we should be aware then please let us know as soon as possible so that we can maintain accurate records and be adequately prepared.
- Medicines cannot be routinely administered in school. If your child takes medication as a result of a lifelong illness, or is taking prescription medication FOUR times a day for a defined period please contact the School Office to discuss how we can support you in ensuring the wellbeing of your child.
- It is important that we are advised of all absences by telephone on the first day. The Family Support and Attendance Manger will contact parents by telephone if we have not heard of a reason for absence.
- From time to time, school will also send messages to parents via Parent Pay. This is especially true of urgent messages.
- Before and after school care. Further information can be found in our Before & After School Care section.
For any other information, please do not hesitate to come and have a chat. My door is always open.