Welcome to Cookridge Primary School. We aim to ensure that your family enjoy a long and successful relationship with us and are very much looking forward to working with you and your family . We hope that you will find out everything you need to know about school life on our website, but if there is anything we can do to help you and your child settle into school, please do get in touch.
Below are the headline facts which will help you begin to get to grips with everything…
From September 2022 school opening hours will change to reflect the government white paper which sets an expectation that all state-funded mainstream schools will deliver a school week of at least 32.5 hours.
School will start at 8.50am (gates will open at 8.40 and close at 8.50 for registration, when all pupils will be expected to be in school).
School will close at 3.20pm.
- For UNIFORM, please visit the following webpage: https://www.cookridgeprimary.co.uk/parents-and-carers/uniform/
- Please name EVERY item of clothing so that it can be returned to you if mislaid. If your child’s clothing is named it will be returned to their classroom. Lost property without a name will be kept and put out at the end of each half-term before being recycled.
- Your child may choose school dinners or to bring a packed lunch from home. We ask that you give 2 week’s notice at the school office for a change of dinner option. The current cost of school meals is £2.35 all payments are made through Parent Pay.
- Please ensure that we have accurate and up to date contact details so that you can be contacted in an emergency. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to these details immediately that they occur.
- If your child has any medical problems of which you think we should be aware then please let us know as soon as possible so that we can maintain accurate records and be adequately prepared.
- Medicines cannot be routinely administered in school. If your child takes medication as a result of a lifelong illness, or is taking prescription medication FOUR times a day for a defined period please contact the School Office to discuss how we can support you in ensuring the wellbeing of your child.
- It is important that we are advised of all absences by telephone on the first day. The Family Support and Attendance Manger will contact parents by telephone if we have not heard of a reason for absence.
- From time to time, school will also send messages to parents via the School App. This is especially true of urgent messages. Please make sure you have downloaded the school App. Support for this can be found via the following link: https://www.cookridgeprimary.co.uk/parents-and-carers/school-app-and-website/
For any other information, please do not hesitate to come and have a chat. My door is always open.